| Open All
| Close All
Are passports required to visit Costa Rica?
- Yes, passports are required. A 90 day tourist
visa is automatically granted upon arrival. Also,
there is a $29 exit fee which must be paid prior
to departing Costa Rica.
What is the electrical current in Costa
- The electrical current is exactly the same as
here in the US- 110V.
What is the local currency?
- The local currency are colones. US dollars are
acceptable everywhere. Visa card is generally more
accepted than Mastercard. There are two ATMs available in Flamingo at Banco de Costa Rica and Banco Nacional.
Can I get along only speaking English?
- Spanish is the native tongue, however English
is widely spoken.
Flamingo Costa RicaDo I need to rent a car?
- We recommend renting a 4x4. Some of the roads
can be rather challenging, especially if you want
to explore. There are private guides available for
hire in the area if you prefer not to rent a car.
Taxi’s are also available from the airport
to Flamingo/Potrero area.
Are groceries readily available?
- There are a number of grocery stores in the immediate
area that carry a wide selection of food, meat,
fresh produce, wine, liquor and beer.
Can I drink the water?
- The water is purified throughout the country,
so you will have no concerns wherever you go to
eat with regard to water, ice or produce. The tap
water and ice is safe to use in all the houses or
What time of year can I get the best rates?
- May, September, October and November are considered
off-season and rates are adjusted accordingly.
Flamingo Costa RicaIs smoking allowed?
- All houses and condos are smoke-free. However,
smoking is allowed outside.
How safe is Costa Rica?
- Costa Rica has a very low level of violent crime,
however care should always be taken with your valuables.
Do not leave valuables visible in a vehicle even
if it is locked. Also, if you have car trouble or
a flat, do not accept help from strangers. If you
do get out of your vehicle lock your doors while
repairing the vehicle.